Dedicated to helping Beth Churco in her fight against breast cancer



Monday, February 1, 2010

One Down, Five To Go

Beth had her first Chemo treatment today and boy is she tired!

I guess sitting for 6 to 7 hours in one place with an IV full of drugs will do that to a person.

I talked to her several times today and she was in good spirits. She was a little loopy - and she was slurring her words, which of course, made me crack up and keep asking inane questions just to hear her slurring (slurrage?) and then I would laugh some more. (You can all yell at me later - but it was FUNNY)

We started talking about random stuff and she mentioned that a Dairy Queen Blizzard sounded good to her. We used to go "shopping" (read - wander aimlessly through Wal-Mart and/or Target for hours at a time and then forget to bring home the toilet paper or paper towels we couldn't forget) almost every Friday night when our kids were younger just to get out of the house without the kids for a few hours. We would always say that we were going to grab some dinner while we were out.

We always ended up at DQ on the way home eating ice cream instead.

So, tonight I stopped by DQ on the way home to get my friend a Blizzard. I wasn't sure what kind would taste good to her and she TOLD me to surprise her so.........

I got her six.

Yes, SIX.

I know, I know, nothing like overkill, but they are all different flavors and this way she'll have a freezer full of fat and calories (and tasty goodness!) to choose from whenever she feels like it.

She looked at me like I was nuts when I walked through the door with a bag full of Blizzards:)

Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment